- 158338 - Ocean Import Agent
- NY-New York
- Lake Success
- $22 to $24.00 DOE
- Our Client is a Mid-sized Int'l Freight Forwarder
Seeking: OCEAN IMPORT AGENT
Location: Lake Success, NY
Salary is $45K-$50K- DOE
•Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo.
Knowledge of delivery orders process, create docs, select carrier for delivery. Knowledge of Docs needed for Customs Clearance.
•Apply industry knowledge and critical-thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
•Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements: processing pre-alerts, delivery of freight, governmental filings, etc.
•Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
• Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, Company offices and Outside Vendors
• Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
• Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to.
• Monitor customer shipment trends and its impact to our processes and operations
• Perform other duties and projects not reflected on this list, as assigned
• Excellent customer service skills to be utilized with customers and the network
• Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
• Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
• High level of attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4 year degree a plus.
Experience dealing large volume of data entry.
Company offers full medical benefits and 401k
Lisa Roll at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x243 or (800) 927-9318 x243
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.