- 158476 - Branch Manager
- CA-Northern California
- San Francisco
- $62 to $67.00 DOE
- Our Client: Int’l Freight Forwarder, Seeking:
BRANCH MANAGER- SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Overseeing 8-10 Direct reports with a Branch operation of 35-45.
Fulfill and exceed customer expectations by providing the highest possible service quality to the customers
* Optimize the transaction, Increase sales and decrease costs
* Responsible for strong growth within the Branch and maximal utilization of business potential
* Continuous strive for high productivity, competitive efficiency and best quality
* Willcontinuously strive for maximum productivity to assume best use of all resources
* Fully adhere to all defined global processes, policies and standards and to local law
Responsibility for all operational activities of Branch.
* Responsible for the financial results and the continuous supervision of the financial status, including activities in the field of accounting, financial controlling and strategic planning
* Prepare the local budget including the investment program, together with detailed documentation according to the instructions issued by Corporate Controlling
* Develop and expand customer relationships
* Implement the Internal Control System (ICS) and all processes included in the Internal Management System (IMS)
* Responsible for the standardization of processes, structures and systems according to corporate decisions
* Arrange and continuously optimize organizational structures, including internal service providers, shared service and competence centers.
* Responsible for the supervision of personnel matters, with particular emphasis on staff training and career planning in cooperation with local HR
* Ensure the adherence to instructions, policies and guidelines defined by Global Process and corporate functions
Inform him/herself about all applicable local and international laws, regulations, and legal obligations and of ensuring compliance
* Ensure a regular and consistent information flow to the Country/Area Management about all important matters.
* Responsibility for budget and business performance on Branch level
* Disciplinary responsibility for all direct reports
* As defined in the Global Signing Policy
Functional know-how in air / logistics / SCM
* Understanding of Company's strategy and products
* Knowledge about markets & competitors, about trends & challenges for our industry
* Business Acumen (understands principles and language, incl. the fundamentals of finance and profitability
* Solid business administration competence
* Has an overall understanding of business processes and independencies
* Good strategic and planning skills, ability to translate strategy to operational plan and execute
* Proven track record in People management and Leadership Skills (knowledgeable in Recruitment Selection/Training/Development/Coaching/Conflict Management/Performance Management)
* Good communication skills (open and confidential communication style)
* Solid know how in change management and innovation (analytical, systematic, creative, inventive)
* Strong decision-making capabilities and high accountability
* High result orientation and customer focus
* Ability to integrate and coordinate efforts/resources across functions and boundaries
* Management and organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, delegate, control)
* Act as a role model for Corporate Values and fully adheres to the Code of Conduct
Educational background / Work Experience
* Higher education level in Forwarding and Business Administration, B.S. Degree Preferred.
* Management experience (minimum 5 years)
* Working experience (minimum 5 years)
* Industry experience (minimum 3 years)
* Preferably international working experience
Fluent IN ENGLISH.
Company offers comprehensive package : including major medical, 401K, Generous car allowance, Manager Bonus Incentive Program.
Lisa Roll at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x243 or (800) 927-9318 x243
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.