- 164182 - Corporate Financial Accountant - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Long Beach
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Financial Accountant for an opening in Long Beach, CA
Responsibilities will include reconciling and analyzing accounts, supporting monthly and annual financial closings, preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing monthly Product line P&L and financial data, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes. The Financial Accountant will work in a global finance organization interacting with all levels of leadership to drive business results. This role maintains company books of accounts by preparing, collecting, and analyzing accounting data to communicate financial information to company organizations and external customers. The Financial Accountant will analyze financial and operating reports and data. They must understand how the results of the financial data relate to Client operations, and provide financial guidance and recommendations to management, customers, and employees. They must ensure compliance with government laws and regulations, policies, and professional standards. The Financial Accountant will be tasked with developing and implementing new accounting methods and processes, as well as improvements to automated accounting systems. The Financial Accountant will be participating in budgeting and forecasting processes, identifying and resolving complex financial issues, and researching root cause of key variances and recommending corrective/preventative actions. Responsibilities will include reconciling and analyzing accounts, supporting monthly and annual financial closings, preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing monthly Product line P&L and financial data, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes. You will serve as the liaison between Finance and other departments.
• Analyze financial results and report conclusions to Finance and Management.
• Maintain and update project budgets and forecasts by interacting with the program managers to ensure Project P&L is accurate and up to date.
• Focal point for the company’s key projects through your interaction with the Program Management Office.
• Prepare monthly financial package for management review and provide reports for the monthly Finance meeting.
• Perform variance analysis at all levels, department, account, project, etc.
• Assist with indirect department budget preparation and serve as a liaison between Finance and other departments.
• Perform monthly overhead rate and fringe rate analyses, and provide reliable projections to finance management.
• Provide quarterly applied fringe and applied overhead for the estimated bill rates for Client
• Assist with headcount forecast and direct labor forecast for the LRBP (Long Range Business Plan) process.
• Assist in the monthly and annual financial closings and financial statement preparation. (On time – error free).
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly schedules (on time-error free).
5 or more years experience, General Accounting experience (JE, month end close, account reconciliation).
Experience with a more robust accounting software ERP system.
Corporate accounting experience required.
, it needs to be more on the General Accounting side with month end, journal entries and accuracy.
Not interested in resumes focused on AP/AR. No Quickbooks.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting/Finance or Business Admin. Professional certification or advanced degree preferred.
WORK HOURS: FULL TIME/1ST SHIFT
Finance, Accounting, Profit and Loss, Forecasting, Ledger Balance, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Month End, Journal Entries, Finance, Accounting, Profit and Loss, Forecasting, Ledger Balance, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Month End, Journal Entries, Finance, Accounting, Profit and Loss, Forecasting, Ledger Balance, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Month End, Journal Entries
Patricia Padilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.