- 166130 - Engineering Manager - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Simi Valley
- $90000 to $130000.00 DOE
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Manager for an opening in Simi Valley, CA.
As a direct report to the Engineering Director, the Engineering Manager shall be responsible to plan, organize, implement and control a variety of activities related to engineering, research and development and design related to customer specifications to ensure company business goals and customer requirements are met within cost and on schedule.
Projects will include, but are not limited to: New Product Development CLIENT IP designs, Build-to-Print, Design to Spec, and other relevant design activities. The Engineering Manager shall be responsible to ensure the completion of projects from the Request for Proposal (RFP) phase thru Contract Award, Detailed Design, Design Validation/Certification, initial Production, and sustaining engineering efforts.
" Manage an Engineering Department with a diverse set of disciplines.
" Organize, schedule and supervise efforts of R&D, Design and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure engineering activities are completed on schedule and within cost.
" Execution of and peer review of detailed design activities including: manufacturing drawing review, stress analysis, project schedules, etc.
" Evaluate engineers' performance and track their developmental needs. Mentoring of junior engineers.
" Establish department budget and personnel requirements.
" Support Marketing in technical/customer presentations.
" Assure design compliance to customer requirements.
" Schedule design reviews, department meetings and interdepartmental presentations to ensure design points are understood and are concurrent with other organization activities.
" Ability to take "hands on" approach as well as give appropriate direction.
" Set engineering standards and policies that promote technical excellence and interdepartmental cooperation.
" Implement appropriate design/office automation tools and methods to ensure the efficiency of departmental design and documentation tasks.
" Perform other duties as assigned
" Conform to company safety policies and procedures.
" Work in a team environment.
1. Bachelor's degree in ME, Physics, EE, Aeronautical Engineering or IE with preference toward Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred. Understanding of a broad range of engineering skills. Preferably in aircraft/aerospace design and structural analysis. Product development background necessary.
2. 2 - 8+ years of experience in metallic or composite ducting and motion compensator design per ARP 699 guidelines as Project / Systems Engineer, or equivalent experience in ECS (Environmental Control System), bleed air, or AMS (air management system) system or component design in the following industries:
· Valves (pneumatic or electro mechanical)
· Heat Exchangers
· Turbo Machinery
· Fuel Tank Inert Systems (FTIS, OBIGGS, OBOGGS, NGS, etc.)
· Wing-Anti Ice Systems
· Ram Air Systems
· High Pressure or Low Pressure pneumatic systems
· Structural design
3. Experience with aircraft certification to EASA, Transport Canada, and/or FAA 14 CFR FAR 25 requirements.
4. Experience from program award (kick-off) to Milestones such as: PDR (Preliminary Design Review), CDR (Critical Design Review), PRR (Production Readiness Review), SOF (Safety of Flight), EIS (Entry-into- Service).
5. Experience with analysis tools such as FEA / FEM tools MSC NASTRAN / PATRAN, ANSYS, ATA NASTRAN
6. Understanding of the value of Project Management Skills with experience working with internal or external customers and resources.
7. Experience writing certification documentation, such as: ATP, QTP, QTR, etc.
8. Test experience per RTCA-DO/190 or MIL-STD-810 (vibration and environmental tests).
9. Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
10. Ability to read / support the creation of 3D models and 2D drawings with dimensioning and tolerance per ANSI/ASME Y14.5 standards.
11. Support manufacturing team during the Product Development Phase (i.e. initial design for manufacturability and redesigns, as required during the development phase).
12. Thorough understanding of industry specifications, such as MIL, AN, MS, NAS, ASTM, AMS, etc.
13. Preferred experience with sheet metal and/or composite manufacturing / forming processes.
14. Preferred experience with CAD software (CATIA V5 or Solidworks).
15. Preferred test experience with LabVIEW data acquisition / control VIs.
16. 25% or less travel.
Kevin Suk at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.