- 166150 - System Administrator III - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Long Beach
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a System Administrator III for an opening in Long Beach, CA .
Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Performs computing delivery system integration. Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administers users system access to meet security requirements. Performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administers users system access and works to protect information to meet security requirements. Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Confers with senior personnel, users and outside vendors to identify computer data access requirements. • Assists in developing, deploying, and validating security policies, processes, procedures, and tools.
• Promotes security awareness to mitigate security risks. • Collaborates with senior personnel to define and establish safeguards to protect information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs. • Monitors and analyzes information security reports to identify current threats, determine appropriate solutions, and implement approved security measures.
• Installs patches, modified security files, controls file and data access, and corrects errors.
• Manages users’ system access to meet security requirements.
• Performs risk assessments against complex and diverse computing environments and take action to ensure correct functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
• Supports implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information.
• Collaborates with senior personnel in the definition and documentation of computer security and emergency measures, policies, procedures and tests.
• Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
• Establishes backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
• Assists in the definition and maintenance of disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
• Works in conjunction with senior personnel in the design of the delivery system (e.g., hardware, operating system, middleware, network configuration, data structure) to meet business requirements.
• Performs delivery systems installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
• Validates end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
• Participates in customer and IT Change Boards to understand business requirements and provide analysis to determine changes required.
• Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments on proposed changes to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed.
• Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
• Participates in the design of the configuration management plan.
• Collects, maintains and reports IT infrastructure information across distributed systems and multiple support groups.
• Updates information that describes computing systems and networks including all hardware and software components.
• Initiates change requests in accordance with established change procedures to assure compliance with baseline configuration.
• Evaluates business impact against environmental conditions (e.g., server configuration/performance, network performance, drive settings, error logs, etc), analyzes potential solutions and takes action to resolve problems across complex and diverse server environments.
• Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures.
• Conducts root cause analysis where required to identify causes of problems resolved and develop and deploy mitigation plans.
• Acts as mentor for System Administrators I & II.
• Other duties as assigned.
-10 years Current Linux administration enterprise experience (Primary focus)
- At least 1 solid scripting language (Perl, sh, bash, python.. ect)
- Strong experience and understanding of PAM Authentication and integration of 2FA.
- Patch management experience.
- Certified in at least one distribution of Linux.
- Desired skill set for Linux: Red Hat, Tomcat, DNS and associated security.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Experienced administration level understanding of Operating systems assigned.
• Experienced level of skills in network and server security, server sizing, configuration, and installation.
• Experienced level of skills with database, web server, enterprise backup software administration.
• Experienced level of skills backup systems and capacity planning.
• Depending on focus: (Reflects typical job family activities. Specific skill sets may vary by Business Unit, region, site or assignment).
• Desired skill set for IBM: VSE/ESA, VM/ESA, JCL, PROCS, REXX, CA-Products, VSAM, VTAM, CICS, DB2, TCP/IP, Cobol, Assembler
• Desired skill set for Compaq Non-Stop Servers: Guardian, OSS, Pathway, Obey, ENSCRIBE file system, Non-Stop SQL, FUP, Prognosis, SMF, TMF, SAFEGAURD, TCP/IP, TACL.
• Desired skill set for Microsoft: Active Directory 2003, MS Exchange 2 most recent versions, MS SQL administration, NetApp, iscsi, VMware ESX, HP Blade Centers, Terminal Server, MOSS, DFS, DHCP and IIS. • Desired skill set for Linux: Red Hat, Tomcat, DNS and associated security.
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Degree: Computer Science or similar.
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 5:30am - 2:00pm OR 10:30am - 7:00pm.
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.