- 167286 - Web Specialist III - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Web Specialist for an opening in El Segundo, CA.
Responsible for maintaining operation and security of corporate external website, support of corporate internal website services, and related functions. Requires coordination with customers and other IT personnel including developers, system administrators, network security, and end user support teams. Develops, provisions/deprovisions and implements related accounts and profiles. Coordinates with IT staff and/or vendors on system updates, template modifications, assists end users with content maintenance, and runs monitoring software. Maintains system and account configuration and support documentation and performs audits as required. Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
• Daily monitoring and management of external Drupal-based website, ensuring health of system, and monitoring for security issues.
• Coordinates with IT services, both in-house and vendor-based, on upgrades, design changes, template updates, and other issues as needed.
• Management of user accounts for the external site, and tracking of access for other external related services.
• Coordinates with design team on site updates, providing CSS updates when needed, and coordination with vendor with these changes.
• Conducts routine audits of sites, services, and accounts to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Supports end-users in content maintenance and creation activities.
• Generates usage metrics reports as required.
• Coordinates with marketing staff and management to make recommendations based on site usage and industry trends and best practices.
• Support for internal Wordpress-based websites, providing end-user support, and serving as a liaison between content owners and IT staff.
• Stays current with both Drupal and Wordpress development, aware of new features/capabilities/risks, including 3rd party addons/utilities.
• May be responsible for training materials and curriculum related to use of corporate application systems and standards.
• Extensive knowledge of running Drupal-based websites, including system updates, content structure and design, and best practices. MUST
• Extensive knowledge of running Wordpress-based websites, including system updates, content structure and design, and best practices. MUST
• Knowledge of current CSS design and best practices, including support for mobile.
• Extensive knowledge of web security, monitoring and metrics tools.
• Knowledge of current best practices in website media hosting (video, papers, etc.)
• Critical decision-making skills
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
• Must possess time management and project management skills.
• Knowledge of developing websites in SharePoint based systems a plus.
• Knowledge of digital asset management systems a plus.
• Graphics design and/or editorial experience a plus.
5 or more years of relevant experience with Associate's Degree in a related discipline, or 7 or more years of relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
• Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
WORK HOURS: FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.