- 167784 - Senior Technician - FL
- St. Petersburg
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Technician for an opening in St. Petersburg, FL.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of complex and diversified electronic technical functions related to production, test, checkout, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of electronic and Electro-mechanical systems and products. Works from limited documentation, written or verbal instruction, schematics, diagrams, layouts often requiring interpretation and application of comprehensive knowledge and practical understanding of electronic theory and principles. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
• Performs operational tests and fault isolation on complex systems and equipment to ensure conformance with final product specification.
• Selects and sets up test apparatus or devices/test equipment to test and evaluate the performance and reliability of products.
• Conducts complex product testing requiring improvisation of procedures, components, parts or apparatus and determines methods or actions to rectify malfunctions.
• Complies with ISO procedures and regulations. Maintains a safe and clean work area. Complies with company policies and guidelines regarding inventory control and timekeeping.
• Records test results on database.
• May provide direction to lower-level technicians assigned to project.
• Determines causes of major malfunctions and recommends and/or makes repairs.
Ability to work from verbal and written instructions, wiring diagrams and schematics, and using various test equipment, i.e. digital multimeter, oscilloscopes, computer-automated test systems, etc. Must be knowledgeable of Windows operating systems. Linux application experience is a plus.
Technical school graduate or Associate’s degree (AAS) from two-year College preferred plus supplementary technical training. Minimum of five (5) years directly applicable work experience performing the above type of duties.
Chris Conaway at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.