- 167832 - Global Security Operations Center Dispatcher - AZ
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Global Security Operations Center Dispatchers for openings in Mesa, AZ.
This position will serve in the Clients Security and Fire Protection, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), located in Mesa and Phoenix, Arizona. The GSOC Communications Dispatcher will dispatch all Fire and Security Services, emergency and non-emergency calls utilizing proper dispatch format, and coordinates and monitors responses of the Fire and Security Services throughout the Enterprise. The Dispatcher position requires operating assigned radio and related equipment, including radio channels, and maintaining control of channel(s) at all times. The Dispatcher makes proper notifications, documents events with all pertinent information received, and relays messages completely, accurately and in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities:
• The Dispatcher position is responsible for efficiently monitoring, receiving and processing emergency and non-emergency calls for the Security and Fire Services.
• The Dispatcher collects and enters the information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Program, while maintaining contact with the reporting party to gather additional pertinent information. The Dispatcher then dispatches the appropriate personnel and equipment for action.
• The Dispatcher must remain calm, showing empathy, conveying reassurance and instilling confidence in the caller that the proper response to their needs will result.
• The Dispatcher position is a representative of the Company and therefore it is critical that all Customer Service interactions are superior, respectful and professional.
• Collect and verify relevant information from employees, members of the public, and public safety agencies to aid in dispatching appropriate resources.
• Maintain communication with reporting parties and first responders throughout the duration of the event; encouraging all parties to remain calm and providing reassurance that the proper response will result.
• Operate complex radio, telephone, and computer equipment; reporting malfunctions or outages in a timely manner.
• Work with other team members in the GSOC to make timely and accurate notifications to Security & Fire Protection leadership.
• Implement and support GSOC operating procedures and best practices to drive performance goals and objectives.
• Participate in training and exercises to ensure GSOC team proficiency, compliance; conducting after action reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices.
- Prior experience working in a collaborative environment such as a global security operations center, public safety dispatch center.
- Speak the English language coherently and clearly, possessing an excellent vocabulary.
- Possess strong verbal communications skills, and the ability to effectively write and multi-task.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Able to work as a team member, establish good working relationships and provide superior internal and external customer service.
- Be available for shift work encompassing 24 hour day, seven-day week; inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays; and work on a rotational basis - Remember numerous details and quickly re-call essential information.
- Consistently think clearly and respond quickly in a wide variety of emergency situations.
- Deal effectively with people in a multi-cultural society under extremely stressful situations.
- Quickly perform multiple time-sensitive tasks in response to visual and sound stimuli with a high degree of accuracy.
- Be a team player and establish good working relationships; maintain self-control under stressful circumstances.
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK HOURS: VARIABLE SHIFT
This job requires rotational shifts, and is a 24x7x365 operation.
Must be able to complete and possess advanced First Aid, CPR and AED certification (training provided).
Must be able to obtain an Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification within one year of hire (training provided).
Christine Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x259 or (800) 927-9318 x259
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.