- 167894 - Propulsion Engineer 3 - (3) - CA - O/M
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 Propulsion Engineers 3 located in El Segundo, CA
Propulsion System Design Engineer (Career Experienced) supports definition of requirements for satellite electric propulsion systems. Candidate will be supporting Satellite Vehicle Engineering organization and multiple satellite product lines at the Client Satellite Development Center, based in Los Angeles.
Candidate performs following additional activities:
- Defines requirements for Electric propulsion systems.
- Defines, coordinates and controls the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
- Develops specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Configures or designs propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
- Uses various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance. Defines and performs certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Supports Mission Operations.
- Works under general direction.
- Skills with propulsion analysis/design tools, flow modeling plus experience with propulsion sub-components (valves, regulators, etc.) required.
- Career experience, education, and technical knowledge related to space-based propulsion systems.
- Commitment to translating tribal knowledge to documented processes/procedures and standards.
- Experience/skills with C++ coding, MATLAB scripting, and Excel a plus.
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
8 AM - 5 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Robert Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.