- 167903 - Project Engineer 5 (2) - CA - O/M
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Project Engineer 5's for openings in El Segundo, CA.
Seeking a career experienced, highly skilled, and motivated Level 1 Platform IPT (Integrated Product Team) Leader. Candidate will lead a cross-discipline team in Platform subsystem program execution. The responsibilities include delivering on all cost and schedule program commitments, technical
performance/management of products through delivery, and managing risk and opportunities. Primary Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be a leading interface for client, working with supplier, customer and end-user
- Candidate will have primary responsibility, authority and accountability (RAA) for program execution and program battle
rhythm including earned value, technical performance metrics reporting, cost account management, and communications/briefing to executive leadership
- highlighting and project managing program cost, schedule, risk/mitigation, and technical
performance while providing timely affordable, lean, root cause/corrective action-based solutions.
- Candidate will be a skilled project manager with career-experience and knowledge in leading Non-Recurring engineering
(NRE) efforts, project baseline development, resource loading, project breakdown structure (WBS/PBS) activities and
- Candidate will ensure preparation of the master plan and schedule, such as Integrated Master Plan and Integrated
Master Schedule [IMP/IMS], and First Article Plan, through coordination and conflict resolution with other client teams, functions, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Integrates relevant lessons learned from previous programs.
- Verifies all deliverables and statement of work items for complex projects are completed by comparing finished products, services, and other deliverables to statement of work and other contractual requirements.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned.
- Archives documentation according to approved records retention schedule.
- Extensive experience with satellite platform subsystems.
- Experience in Program Management or IPT Leadership including cost, schedule and technical management.
- Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with satellite platform subsystems, including systems engineering, space vehicle design, mechanical systems engineering, space/primary core structures, deployable structures, propulsion engineering, power subsystem, mechanisms and other platform related subsystems.
- Candidate will understand the platform subsystem lifecycle: design, analysis, manufacturing, procurements, and assembly, integration, and test. Prefer candidate to have additional knowledge and experience with structural dynamics, thermal analysis, thermal (multi-layer insulation) blanket, tooling, deployable structures, payload subsystems, antenna subsystems, harness and payload layout.
Accredited Bachelor's degree with 14 or more years' experience, Master's degreee with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TRAVEL: YES - 10%
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Terry Jones at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.