- 167966 - Component Engineer - MA
- $45.67 to $57.69 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Component Engineer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Component Engineer plays a key role to assure electrical components used in Maritime Systems products are reliable, available and meet the performance criteria defined by the design. He/she will be responsible to evaluate, validate, and implement end of life component substitutions based on manufacturer End-of-Life notice or by proactively scrubbing BOM's.
This position requires a candidate who must work with minimal supervision to help facilitate the timely processing of quotes and Engineering change orders. The individual will interface with all company departments including Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Project Management in order to deliver quotes and products within the established guidelines and SOPs.
• Collaborate with Design Engineers to perform component selection
• Monitor component end of life and perform substitute part selection, validation and implementation
• Scrub BOMs of existing products to identify component end of life proactively
• Perform part maintenance as required by the MRP process and system
• Collaborate with Program Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to assess new orders for component availability and substitutions in the case of obsolescence
• Work with Vendors to maintain the quality of all purchased parts, subassemblies and products Including annual quality audits of key suppliers
• Develop and execute cost cutting initiatives and process improvements
• ISO 9001 Quality System involvement.
BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years related experience, or AS in Electrical or Electronic Technology with a minimum of 5 years related experience
Robert Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.