- 167999 - Specialist, Customs-Traffic - FL
- St. Petersburg
- $27 to $30.00 DOE
- 11 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Specialist, Customs-Traffic (2) for an opening in St Petersburg, FL.
Under general direction, develops and maintains Customs-Traffic related transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the Customs and Global Transportation services including the rating and routing of inbound and outbound international shipments. The Customs-Traffic Specialist is the responsible and knowledgeable individual through which the global logistics activity is managed to meet on-time deliveries. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
• Coordinates shipments to customers and maintains on time delivery performance. Oversees outgoing finished product shipments.
• Reviews and approves all proposed international shipments and receipt of goods; ensures compliance with Foreign Trade and Export/Import requirements and assures that the Company is in compliance with US Customs/ITAR/EAR regulations.
• Prepares documentation for export/import approval with supporting documentation to include the analysis of shipping quotes, method of shipping, the necessary bonds, permits, import licensing, tariffs, Dangerous Goods, ECCN, equipment classification, Carnets, foreign agent and custom clearances as required.
• Maintains recordkeeping/shipping databases to be utilized for weights, dimensions, agent information, and international customs and duties regulations.
• Negotiates favorable company rates for both outbound and inbound freight.
• Coordinates with and supports Contracts, Procurement, Marketing, Programs, Production, Global Logistics, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders, Customer Service, Shipping and other departments necessary to ensure appropriate import/export logistics and global customs-trade compliance
• Reviews contracts, purchase orders and letters of credit regarding proper shipping documentation required for shipment and payment.
• Provides ongoing oversight of the Company import/export activities, including self-audits, as appropriate to assess compliance. Provides advice and guidance as required to assure Company’s conformance with regulations.
• Licensed Customs Broker / Certified Customs Specialist preferred
• HAZAMT/DG Certified
• Work experience should encompass solid understanding of product technologies and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of three (5) years experience in shipping and international transactions of import/export and Customs regulations.
Below are the main skill we are looking for on this role:
-Very strong on Import side
-Ability to help update database
-Ability to help update classifications on HTS
• Familiar with Global Trade-Customs, import/export and Foreign Trade concepts, practices, and regulatory requirements
• Fully knowledgeable of the licensing process including specific requirements of the US. Departments of State, Commerce and Treasury and regulations and laws applicable to international trade.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
• Knowledge and proficient implementation skills in software tools such as Microsoft Office and other database applications.
ITAR experience preferred
• Relevant college degree or some college with significant work experience in related field
Mahta Eslami at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x220 or (800) 927-9318 x220
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.