- 168051 - Transmissions Engineer Fellow- MI
- $124000 to $163000.00 DOE
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Transmissions Engineering Fellow for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
Position reports to the Director of Engineering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the highest technical authority for client CPS HMPT Transmission technical items (product design and all associated technical reviews and documents).
- Front End of Business focus to set transmission technical strategy, write/coordinate external publications, and set technical approach for development proposals or new customers/opportunities.
- Responsible for setting transmission and transmission sub system technical approach and then hands off to the Project Engineer to execute.
- Technical advisor to cross-functional matrixed engineering team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) lead by a Project Engineer to oversee work quality and ensure engineering contract deliverables are met.
- Lead interface for high level technical discussions between client CPS and Customers.
- Authorizes key technical decisions involving changes that impact form, fit or function; must be copied on corresponding communication to the customer.
- Accountable for transmission system level requirements and derivation of design requirements from vehicle level.
- Ensure Design Verification Test plans adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
- May serve the role as the Project Engineer for special projects and support program management for all technical aspects of a program that may include SOW, schedule, cost and risk.
- May act as technical lead for new transmission proposals.
Known industry expert in transmission design, development, testing, and application.
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical degree.
- Product knowledge of the HMPT Transmission and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo) and AutoCAD.
- Experience in the defense industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 20 years' experience
Robert Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.