- 168257 - Senior Buyer - FL
- St. Petersburg
- Up to $27.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Buyer for an opening in St. Petersburg, FL.
Under limited supervision, responsible for planning, purchasing and expediting critical materials, components, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the organization requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
• Plans, purchases and expedites material, equipment and services on a broad assignment basis usually involving important and critical items.
• Performs an active role in the Vendor Selection and Assessment process. Seeks new sources of supply, perform periodic performance evaluations; generates on-time delivery reports.
• Meets with key suppliers, and document performance results in accordance with internal operating procedures.
• Identifies and pursues cost reduction opportunities to lower cost of goods procured.
• Analyzes purchase price variances and assists in the development of standard product costs.
• Attends regular meetings for specific product lines and understand materials impact.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of the Part Maintenance file in the manufacturing database.
• Coordinates Engineering Change Order (ECO) activity that affects current inventory or open orders for assigned commodities as indicated on approved ECO’s.
• Represents Purchasing in Material Review Board meetings.
• Requests and evaluates vendor corrective action reports. Coordinates the return of rejected material.
• May provide work leadership to lower level buyer/planners and clerical support.
• Must have established negotiation, supplier relation and sourcing skills along with strong organizational skills. Must have experience with handling long term agreements, KanBan and Just-In-Time (JIT) purchasing. Ability to work independently is essential. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications along with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts. CPIM or CPM certification preferred
Degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience. Minimum of five (5) years of related experience with diversified commodities. Minimum of two (2) years experience working with MRP, preferably in a high technology environment.
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.