- 168280 - Systems Administrator - MA
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Administrator for an opening in Woburn, MA .
Under general supervision, responsible for assisting in the administration and integration of the division’s system and networking environment. Performs professional level tasks in assisting to develop network requirements and in developing solutions to provide required services. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable supervision. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below. The Systems Administrator will support and maintain an internal IT infrastructure consisting of storage appliances, Cisco networking hardware, Citrix environment, Microsoft Servers, a Global corporate network, and VMware technologies. The Systems Administrator must have the ability to work as a team member or individually to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately with general supervision. The candidate must possess strong troubleshooting skills as well as verbal and written communications skills. This person must be willing to work off hours and weekends as projects and support issues dictate. This role will also be responsible to partake in a scheduled, on call rotation with other members of the Infrastructure team.
• Assist with system user support and troubleshooting duties as required
• Administers and helps integrate the division’s Local Area Network (LAN) and systems in a multiple platform, protocol and operating systems environment.
• Organized with attention to detail, and can work effectively with others.
• Coordinates and supports the LAN/WAN hardware, software, Internet/Intranet/Extranet integration and linkage.
• Troubleshoot and correct problems with enterprise systems including Cisco Firewalls, Routers and Switches and Citrix servers
• Ensure the procedures and documentation related to enterprise environments are kept accurate.
• Ability to travel occasionally, International Travel Occasionally (less than 10% of the time for either)
• Maintain expert level of knowledge and expertise in core enterprise environments: Office 365,Exchange, Active Directory, Citrix, Group policy, Wi-Fi Technology, RSA, Windows Servers, VOIP, Cisco ISE, VMware
• Helps research vendor products and recommends purchase, development or enhancement of network hardware, software and telecommunications.
• Helps perform maintenance of core servers and services. Implements hardware/software upgrades, security and operational patching including equipment installation, configuration, troubleshooting and technical support.
• Helps resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like. Assists in configuring systems to user environments.
• Working knowledge of computer environment controls & SOX compliance
• DFARS experience a plus
Assists in developing network plans in conjunction with data systems networking architecture and communication protocol requirements. Adheres to LAN, Internet/Intranet/Extranet policies, practices, and procedures
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts. The individual must have demonstrated analytic and organizational skills. Must have background and working knowledge of the following operating systems and protocols such as: Unix, TCP/IP, Web Services, VMWare, Cisco, Database and E-mail administration, and Microsoft servers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, a related technical field or equivalent experience. Minimum of two (4) years of related network/systems experience required.
9/80, 1st Shift
Max Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.