- 168306 - Cost Accountant - MA
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cost Accountant for an opening in Woburn, MA.
Seeking a Cost Accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and motivation to the position.
Under limited direction, performs varied and complex general/cost accounting duties as related to recording, analyzing and reporting financial operations. Studies accounting data and prepares analyzes for various complex reports. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below
• Maintains cost accounting and inventory systems.
• Assists in the month end close of the general ledger and perpetual inventory system.
• Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
• Reconciles raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories.
• Perform various month end reports, journal entries, and reconciliations.
• Analyzes excessive and obsolete inventory SKU s and proposes reserve adjustments as required.
• Assist auditors for year-end analysis as related to inventory and standard costing.
• Assist with cycle counting and support annual physical inventories.
• Planning, collecting, and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
• Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting.
• Performs ad hoc product line cost analysis for management as required.
• Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Other departmental related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
• Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Self-motivated and work well in a team environment
• Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multi task
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with INFOR LN a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
9/80, 1st Shift
Patricia Padilla at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.