- 168343 - Group Leader - Systems-MA-CTH
- $22.8 to $30.05 DOE
- 3 months, CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Group Leader-Systems in Ayer, MA.
The Systems Group Leader is responsible for the daily execution of high quality, on-time work in the Systems department. The Group Leader manages daily/weekly output based on material & capacity availability, and proactively identifies and resolves potential bottlenecks. The Group Leader is responsible for achieving the production plan meeting Quality Goals and On-time delivery dates while maintaining a safe workplace. This position has direct reports, ownership for Systems performance & utilization goals, and authority to take appropriate disciplinary action.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain consistent workflow and on-time delivery
• Assure processes & procedures are consistently followed and maintained by everyone in the department
• Monitor reports (dispatch, backlog, material shortage, etc.) to maintain schedule and notify Production Manager, Supply Chain, MFG Engineering, Product Manager, and others of any discrepancies, schedule issues, or errors in a proactive manner
• Monitor and coordinate the consolidation of all kits, material, documentation, and/or customer supplied material that is needed to complete all Systems work to achieve on-time delivery and high quality
• Assure department equipment and tools are properly maintained, are in safe working order, and are used correctly by department staff
• Ensure safe work practices are used at all times and maintain daily department 5s procedures
• Identify and support continuous improvement activities in the Systems department
• Work with QA and others to ensure department meets ISO9000 and all other required certifications
• Assist with customer audits and inspections that take place prior to shipping Systems orders
• Assist with training and coaching of department employees
• In conjunction with HR and the Production Manager, perform employee evaluations, reviews, and disciplinary actions
• Maintain employee cross-training program and develop backup resources so that the Systems department has a flexible workforce capable of meeting changing customer demand
• Monitor attendance and assist keeping staffing levels at capacity
• Understand and support Henschel policies, being an example of leadership to others in the department
• Maintain and report any performance measures or metrics required of the Systems department in a timely and accurate manner
• Create and maintain a positive and engaged working department that values safety, improvement, participation, quality, and achieving goals, visibly recognizing individuals for achievement and coaching individuals to succeed
Education and Experience
• High School Degree (College Degree a plus)
• 5 years or more experience in a complex, systems-level electromechanical assembly environment
• 3 years or more direct supervision experience
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience in Lean manufacturing preferred
• Production planning experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Computer skills with Windows™, and ERP use
• Ability to build a team
• Demonstrated leading by example
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
Brent Sizemore at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.