- 168627 - Sr. Executive Assistant - MI
- Grand Rapids
- $20 to $40.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Executive Assistant for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Under limited supervision, performs diversified secretarial and administrative duties for the executive staff. Duties require extensive knowledge of company structure, technical terminology, policies and procedures. High level secretarial and administrative skills are required to complete non-routine projects and assignments that require tact, discretion, independent action and judgement.
1. Types a wide variety of correspondence involving technical language and terminology using computer software. Makes changes in spelling and grammar as needed.
2. Composes correspondence from notes and discussions, or independently from knowledge of Executive's views, circumstances or policies. Submits for Executive's approval.
3. Organizes and maintains files concerned with highly confidential and restricted data such as long-range plans, financial papers, salaries, performance evaluations and the promotions and transfers of upper management employees.
4. Prepares, copies and distributes a variety of forms and requests.
5. Requisitions supplies, as needed.
6. Compiles and prepares a variety of special reports and analyses that may be confidential in nature by researching, abstracting and compiling information from a variety of sources. Reports may be developed on a personal computer requiring a detailed knowledge of spreadsheet programs and other software.
7. Anticipates, prepares and organizes materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
8. Receives and assists visitors and telephone callers. Determines nature of the call and refers to Executive or others, as circumstances warrant.
9. Schedules appointments and maintains business calendars for the executive.
10. Uses judgment and initiative to determine the approach to take in non-routine situations. Interprets and adapts guidelines including procedures, precedents and practices which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
11. Summarizes content of incoming materials. Coordinates the new information with background information. Draws attention to important items or conflicts.
12. Contacts various levels of personnel both inside and outside the organization to arrange appointments, meetings and reservations, relay messages, or receive and furnish information. Contact requires considerable tact and discretion. May be required to negotiate discounted rates for hotels, meals etc.
13. Takes action authorized during Executive's absence. Uses initiative and judgement to see that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated authority.
14. Ability to be flexible with working hours, including evenings and/or weekends, if business needs dictate.
15. Other duties may be assigned.
16. Obeys and enforces all safety rules, regulations, and procedures.
17. Performs all duties in complete compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
18. Maintains the security of classified and/or company proprietary information. Provides necessary information to acquire/upgrade security clearances if required.
19. Performs other duties as assigned or as judgement and necessity dictate.
1. 5+ years experience as executive assistant.
2. Strong written/oral communication skills. Attention to details very important as well as ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
3. Strong skills in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs.
4. Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Mahta Eslami at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x220 or (800) 927-9318 x220
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.