- 168644 - Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer - MN
- $60000 to $70000.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer for an opening in Burnsville, MN.
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead – Electrical Systems Engineer to join our busy team.
The purpose of this job as a Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer is to carry out assigned Hardware Engineering tasks varying in complexity from moderate to high in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and Company processes.
The primary function of this job will be as a Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer will be working on a variety of new developments, updates and engineering problems as and when they arise. The expectation will be to take on Lead Engineering and Design Authority roles.
They will also be expected to learn multiple tools and work cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
• Carry out assigned hardware engineering tasks up to and including complex subsystem level, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes
• Experience of modern software packages (e.g. Computer Aided Design tools) currently used within Hardware Engineering or comparable, Mentor CHS would be advantageous
• Effectively manages own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
• Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
• Must be able to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
• Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
• Good systems knowledge of Avionics or Simulation. Be able to apply this knowledge to various products (Flight Training Devices and/or Full Flight Simulators).
• A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
• Able to lead a team or project when required
• Open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support Mechanical and Tech Docs when required
• Prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of the business
• Able to work as sole owner of assigned task, or as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimize error, change and rework
• Capable of providing manufacturing support
• Knowledge and understanding of national (US) product standards, including Safety and EMC
• Familiar with application of standards to products, including generation of Technical Files.
• Appreciation of EMC testing to US Standards and European Directives
• Awareness of worldwide product standards and certification, Safety and EMC, (especially Europe)
• Awareness of UL listing, CE marking and other worldwide product marking
• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Several years’ experience in Simulation or Avionics industry
Friday Ending, Traditional work schedule M-F 8 hour days, Full-Time
Kevin Suk at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.