- 168675 - Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - MA
- $49.03 to $56.73 DOE
- 10 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer/MFG Engineering Lead is responsible for the technical design, maintenance, and development of new and existing electromechanical production lines for a diverse portfolio of product offerings. This position establishes Lean electromechanical manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Solving tactical production problems, designing and documenting assembly & validation equipment and procedures, and providing an engineering service to production for fulfilling business targets and tracking manufacturing performance metrics is expected from this position. This position drives continuous process improvement, applying the key principles of Lean & Six Sigma and plays a key role in support of the Quality Management System. This position includes supervising, directing, and coaching other manufacturing engineering (Mechanical & Electrical) personnel to maintain daily manufacturing responsibilities, maintain continuous improvement goals, and maintain project/program responsibilities.
• Supervises Manufacturing Engineering group to achieve high level of success meeting customer metrics and manufacturing engineering goal/commitments.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Confers and collaborates with fabricators, suppliers, assemblers and technicians.
• Creates and implements automated functional and continuity tests for PCB and systems assembly using LabView software and electromechanical design.
• Responsible for tracking and analyzing Manufacturing Operations performance metrics in order to quantitatively identify opportunities and execute improvement for such areas as Production, Repair, Test, Machine Shop, Stockroom, Supply Chain and other functional areas that affect the production of customer orders.
• Uses performance metrics to analyze and improve mechanical, electromechanical, and software (test and operating code) part releases to production in order to identify and take action to improve reliability, quality, and repeatability of manufacturing Maritime Systems products.
• Uses CARs, Kaizen events, standups, and other techniques for implementing improvement.
• Partners with other engineers, such as software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
• Contributes to the process of design for manufacturing (DFM), design to cost (DTC).
• Supports day-to-day Operations through sustaining engineering. Investigates and solves problems affecting production.
• Troubleshoot mechanical & electromechanical production tests to verify product functionality and quality.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout to reduce costs and cycle time while maintaining high standards of quality (yield, out-of-box, etc.).
• Identifies, documents, and performs preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment as necessary.
• Participates in design reviews to ensure good manufacturing and serviceability requirements are met.
• Implements and oversees procedures to meet regulatory agency requirements to ensure safety, environmental, and design standards are met.
• Creates and maintains Production Standard Work documents for new and legacy parts and assemblies.
• Develops Bills of Material, Purchasing Specs, Test Methods, Validation Protocols and Reports.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and knowledge.
• Understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Must be available to travel.
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with minimum of five years of experience
• Experience in electromechanical production environments solving manufacturing test related issues
• Experience using Kaizens and lean manufacturing techniques
• Experience using MRP/ERP software
• Experience using CAD software for mechanical design
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience is a plus
Emmanuel Morgan at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.