- 168685 - Sr. Mechanical Engineer - MA
- $60 to $70.00 DOE
- 6-12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for an opening in Wilmington, MA.
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with design & analysis and integration & test of payload level sensor systems for the aerospace and commercial community. Senior mechanical engineers are responsible for leading engineering analysis and test efforts of complex opto-mechanical systems, developing alternative designs to satisfy mission level requirements, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation, and developing plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems. Expected length of assignment is 6-12 months.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
• Minimum of nine years of experience in developing precision sensor systems for aerospace & military defense applications is required.
• Experience in system level hardware design & development with an emphasis in mechanical and structural analysis and test for space-based environments.
• Experience using both finite element modelling (FEM) and CAD tools, such as FEMAP/NASTRAN and Autodesk Inventor.
• Opto-Mechanical hardware design experience utilizing structured engineering process from requirement definition through design, development, and testing.
• Expert mechanical analysis background including tolerancing, thermal, structural (modal, stress, deflection).
• Structure and sensor level testing experience highly desired.
• Experience as a lead reviewer for mechanical analyses and design. Well versed in giving constructive feedback to all levels of engineering based on experience.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of junior engineers.
Brenda Ordaz at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.