- 172035 - VP of Sales - TN
- $100000 to $150000.00 DOE
Position Summary: The Vice President of Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the President/CEO of TEVET the Vice President of Sales fosters close working relationships internally and externally to ensure the sales organizations efficient operation and success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages key customer relationships and participates in closing strategic opportunities
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities to strengthen current, and secure new, OEM business
- Drive growth and achieve all targets for OEM channels
- Travels for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- Develops and implements strategic inside sales plans to achieve corporate goals
- Works closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Puts in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the inside sales function
- Manages inside sales team and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Defines an optimal inside sales force structure
- Hires and develops inside sales staff
- Oversees inside sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the inside sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Defines and coordinates inside sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity and provides feedback to TEVET'S leadership team and other functions within the organization
- Represents TEVET at trade shows and conferences
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Consultative Selling - Applies product and market knowledge effectively.
Asks questions to discover client business needs. Builds rapport and establishes trust.
Manages and documents sales process. Presents solutions that meet customer objectives. Qualifies potential customers.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and instills it in others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts well under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Understands the organization's strengths & weaknesses.
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must be highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Access, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in NetSuite is a plus. Knowledge of/or experience with Electronic Test & Measurement equipment and government sales is highly desired.
Directly supervises employees in the Inside Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Melody Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.