- 172104 - Product Manager - CA
- CA-Bay Area
- South San Francisco
- Up to $93.98 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Manager for an opening in South San Francisco, CA.
Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams. Analyze market trends, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product strategies. Lead new product life cycle management including forecasting, positioning and training of internal groups, service, support and sales.
The selected candidate will be a strong individual having experience working with cross-functional teams developing the right product to fill market needs, and will serve as the customer advocate interacting w/ functional partners including but not limited to R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, Market Development, Finance, Customer Services, Quality and Regulatory Associates. The selected candidate will partner closely with the other Product Managers and Marketers to ensure system synergies and optimal customer experiences.
Desired applicants should bring specific experiences in building creative solutions, thinking outside the box. Knowledge of biological sciences, engineering and/or genomics is highly desirable. An aptitude and interest in learning life science domain is important. Candidate must possess a track record of success in driving business innovation, product management, building/leading cross functional teams and effective executive level communication.
· Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products
· Understand, follow and be accountable for business aspects of product commercialization for products
· Work with operations and service teams effectively and manage demand / supply
· Accurate market analysis, and forecasting for products
· Conduct analysis of various data from internal and external sources to create dashboards that include information like lagging and leading indicators of business performance
· Assess and evaluate competitive landscape – including product offerings
· Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
· Develop customer oriented (both external and internal) sales tools, sales training and collateral
· Develop a thorough knowledge of target customer segments, markets and the competition
· Contribute to overarching solutions strategy and roadmap
· Lead product teams, on various life cycle management of products
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
· 3-5 years’ experience in Product Management required
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing products, pricing, and forecasting
· Organized with strong project management skills
· Strong leadership skills within cross functional teams; a demonstrated leader through influence with strong negotiation skills
· Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
· Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
· Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others; team-first attitude
· Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
· Track record of success in launching solution oriented products as a system is a plus
· Experience with validated and regulated markets is a plus
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related degree. MBA preferred
Brenda Ordaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.