- 173129 - Advanced Technologist 4 (5) - WA
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a 5 Advanced Technologist 4's for openings in Bellevue, WA
You will be part of AnalytX Platform and Data team and will partner closely with a team of data technologists, data scientists, and business analysts leading Boeing’s Big Data strategy. You will architect and implement these road maps and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights. You will provide technical direction to the engineering and application team. You will collaborate with internal functions to utilize the new big data tools.
* Lead a team of technical resources performing solution development in the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata)
* Provide architecture and technology leadership across Batch and Streaming data processing platforms
* Focus in one or more core areas: Hive, HBase, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Spark Streaming, NiFi and other tools within the big data ecosystem
* Design and develop data pipelines (code, scripting, tooling) for both structured and unstructured data
* Participate in requirements gathering and design technical workshops with platform users
* Estimate new projects
* Evaluate new big data technologies
* Leverage the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata) to manage data at scale
* Integrating with external data sources and APIs
* Designing, building, and delivering apps following industry best practices
* Work with the developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
Minimum 3 years of experience with Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata) in a production environment
Minimum 3 years of experience working with Linux
Minimum 3 years of experience building and deploying Java applications
Minimum 3 years of experience leading a software development project
Experience building data pipelines
Experience collecting, organizing, synthesizing and analyzing data with Teradata
Experience with Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase
Experience on Hortonworks Hadoop Distrbution
Application development on Java
Ability to "Read the Manual" and figure it out.
Accredited Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Robert Davis at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.