- 173256 - Avionics Software Engineer - TX - C
- Up to $75.00 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Avionics Software Engineer for an opening in Arlington, TX.
This is a hands on software engineering positions.
The successful candidate will perform as an Avionics Systems Software Engineer, serving as the technical expert responsible for establishing the system design and for implementing and/or directing the implementation of real-time image generation and cockpit display solutions for avionics simulation..
• Design, develop, and implement simulated solutions that represent real-world sensor pods that meet training requirements
• Perform general system-level integration and troubleshooting
• Weapon simulation experience including sensors, ASE, and SMS
• Sensor system algorithm development for turret control, platform stabilization, sensor control (focus, field-of-view, filters, image tracking)
• Sensor systems algorithm development, hands on software development, and integration and test of one or more of the following: near and mid-range infra-red, night vision goggles, and image-intensifier simulation, RADAR, and associated environment simulation for interfacing with air vehicle Operational Flight Programs
• Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
• 2 - 10 plus years of Real-Time development experience.
• 2 - 10 plus years C++, C, Ada, FORTRAN
• 3 plus years Linux environment
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction.
• 3 plus years transforming sensor domain algorithms into software integrated on networked systems.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Good communications skills.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related discipline, or equivalent
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Max Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.