- 173697 - Project Control Analyst
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 6 mo
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Analyst for a contract position in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Work with Project Managers, Control Account Management team (CAMs) and senior technical personnel to ensure uniform application of Earned Value Management procedures.
Assist management in program setup and control; establish and maintain cost/schedule baseline and enforce strict change control.
Assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries.
Provide program planning support, including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, status reporting, data validation, and resource planning.
Assist in preparation of Contract Performance Reports (CPRs), Estimates At Completion (EACs), and related variance analysis reports for customers and program management.
Track subcontractor status and material receipts, open commitments, and termination liability.
May assist in development of new business proposals.
Monitor and assure budget availability, proper approval authorization and charge accounts.
Provide task leaders and program managers with clear, timely and accurate information and make recommendations with which to make decisions.
Utilizes knowledge of MS Excel programming.
Conducts SQL/Access queries and codes VBA/HTML.
Assist in the development of Program Control procedures and desktop guides.
Utilizes experience with databases for dashboarding and metrics reporting.
Develop standard and ad hoc reports; identify issues, exceptions, and variances; develop solutions to moderately complex issues; follow GA-EMS processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
**MUST have Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications that may include SAP, MPM, winsight, Project Server and SharePoint.
- Must possess two or more years of experience with Earned Value Management.
- Must be proficient in Excel: V-look ups, Pivot tables, etc.
- Prefer strong background in finance or accounting.
- Experience with DoD (DCAA/DCMA) compliance helpful.
- Must have general knowledge of accounting principles, planning and tracking procedures and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- An effective communicator with the ability to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management. Able to work extended hours and travel as may be required.
*Possibility for this contract role to transition to direct employment
Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with three or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Mon-Friday. 5/40 work schedule
Lucas Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.