- 173853 - Software Quality Engineer 3 - OR
- Hood River
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking aSoftware Quality Engineer 3 for an opening in Hood River, OR.
The candidate's primary responsibility will be to help design automated testing of our cloud-based products to reduce the likelihood of bugs making it into production environments. Roles and responsibility:
- Design and implement automated regression and integration tests.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Educate and train developers and other SQAs in writing quality automated tests.
Contribute to story writing and product roadmap prioritization
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Write and maintain new test cases.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in verbal and written communication with peers and non-technical users
- Detail oriented and thorough product testing
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, very meticulous, patient and congenial
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Experience with writing automated Web UI tests using tools like Selenium, Webdriver.io and BrowserStack
- Experience with writing automated API tests using tools like Postman, supertest.js, and mocha.js
- Ability to independently design and create testing environments
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with using version control systems like Git and Bitbucket
- Focus on Automation and enabling CI/CD
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Open to learning new concepts and technologies
- Experience automating SOAP or REST APIs
- Experience working with Video Compression technologies
- Familiar with various video codecs, including H.264 and HEVC
- Familiar with containers such as MPEG Transport Streams.
- Practical experience coding in other languages (Python, C#, others)
- Experience with long term support of Cloud based product (SaaS / IaaS / PaaS) in production
- Experience with customer support and engagement
- Leadership experience
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- 5+ years in a computer science or engineering field with an accredited Bachelor's degree or 3+ years experience with an accredited Master's degree.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 9/80 WORK WEEK
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.