- 173943 - Flight Test & Evaluation SME - OH - C
- Wright-Patterson AFB
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Flight Test & Evaluation SME located in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
Client is seeking an experienced Flight Test/Avionics Integration SME to support the acquisition of aeronautical systems and subsystems. The successful candidate will utilize their expertise in analyzing avionics systems used to dissect the integration of advanced avionics and sensor systems and subsystems for the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC). The candidate will be experienced and successful at solving complex system integration and engineering issues, enjoy working in a dynamic, responsive, and collaborative environment, and dedicated to the success of our customers against advanced, persistent threats.
• A minimum of five years of flight test or avionics testing and integration experience
• Must have the ability to communicate with and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings.
• Current experience and knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes and other service specific requirements is preferred. Ideal candidate would have experience with radars and system engineering processes.
• Ability to obtain Top Secret and SAP/SAR clearances.
• Knowledge of systems engineering principles, verification and validation of requirements, and understanding the Air Force’s acquisition processes is desired.
• Ability to Draft, review, coordinate, and update (as necessary) the Test and Evaluation
Master Plan (TEMP).
• Experience with test equipment and hardware and software integration and test. Contribute to acquisition-related products/documents necessary for the life cycle management of the ASARS-2B/C system.
• Leadership experience with engineering teams and flight test planning, mission planning, developing flight test procedures, flight test operations, and execution
• Ability to perform data analysis, troubleshooting and failure reporting
• Ability to troubleshoot issues between test equipment, software, and hardware
• Knowledge and experience in computer simulations, information technology, and communications technologies
• Strong communication skills with customers, end users, and analysts in order to provide recommended contractual language to specific test-related sections of solicitations
• Aviation experience with direct roles in flight test engineering and mission directing
Accredited BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics or related field is required. MS in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics with emphasis in computer systems is highly desired.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Patrick Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.