- 174183 - Info Systems Tech Sr I (2) - TX
- $30 to $40.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Info Systems Tech Sr I (2) for an opening in Arlington, TX.
Manage and performance-tune Citrix systems, networks, and applications to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Citrix system provisioning and maintenance as well as server virtualization strategies that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. Support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets including installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all data center related equipment while ensuring its optimal performance. Perform routine internal audits of critical systems in support of various compliance audits.
· Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for Citrix systems, software, and clients in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
· Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement Citrix systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
· Install and configure Citrix servers and applications.
· Support security analysis activities involving the monitoring of logs from various UNIX and Windows servers, firewall logs for intrusion attempts and virus indication. Associated with these responsibilities is regular updating of applicable security reports and maintenance of NAGIOS based Network Monitor and Paging systems, authentication systems, TACACS, RADIUS, and RSA 2-Factor Authentication equipment.
· Provide backup support for various systems including DNS, DHCP, Cisco Works, RADIUS, RSA 2-factor authentication, etc.
· Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Citrix system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
· Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with end-users regarding Citrix-served application availability and security including file system and database configuration and management.
· Perform and test system configuration backups and restores to ensure system recovery from outages or errors.
· Review and deploy new Citrix patches and software updates according to best practices.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on Citrix servers and client access software.
· Analyze Citrix application usage to support long-term strategy and network capacity and/or licensing.
· Collaborate with analysts, application developers, and system owners in the testing of Citrix programs, applications, and interoperability.
· Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for both Citrix system administration and end-user access.
· Recommend hardware or software changes needed to optimize Citrix deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
· Identify and deliver required service levels according to company policies.
· Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
· Develop and maintain an inventory of all data center equipment · Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
· Write technical specifications for purchase of corporate technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
· Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs.
· Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
· Experience in developing and maintaining production Citrix environments for large scale use.
· 5 years direct experience administrating the direction, development, and implementation of Citrix applications including Presentation Server (MetaFrame), Password Manager, and Secure Access Manager
· 3 years direct experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Microsoft Virtual Server in a production environment.
· Hands-on knowledge of Citrix administration tools and resources.
· Technically fluent in server and OS administration, including Windows Server 2000/2003 both Standard and Advanced versions.
· Direct knowledge of directory services
· Knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
· Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Personal Attributes · Strong customer-service orientation.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. · Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. · Good project management skills.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Self motivated and directed.
· Analytical and problem-solving abilities. · Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. · Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment. · Competent team leadership and employee management skills.
· 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability 24/7/365.
· Weekend and shift work required to meet 24x7 production schedules.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
Daniel McGowan at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.