- 174401 - Sr Electrical Engineer - MI - OM
- $75000 to $80000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
The Electrical Engineering Department is a service organization to supply electrical and software expertise to the organization. Electrical Engineers are responsible for designing and testing electrical systems and controls systems for these products including both electrical hardware and software/firmware.
• Apply knowledge and experience to powertrain design projects.
• Perform trade studies to evaluate and incorporate state of the art technologies into our products.
• Conduct failure analyses to identify root cause and corrective actions.
• Conduct tests, document test requirements and write test plans based on test objectives.
• Initiate and coordinate activities in support of projects with other departments within Engineering and with other functions (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, etc.).
• Resolve technical issues with suppliers.
• Support production, assembly and test.
• Recommend, plan, and implement component, subsystem and system improvements.
• Write Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
• Support proposals.
• Design or modify cables, Harness, and sensors.
• Perform circuit card analysis.
• Generate / manage electronic control module software requirements.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for assisting in the development of specifications, design documentation, and requests for proposal.
• Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
• The position may require some domestic and international travel for conferences, design reviews and partner/vendor visits (<10%).
• Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
• M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred)
• Experience in embedded systems design & development.
• Experience in S/W and controls development of powertrain systems (preferred).
• Experience using Vector CANape/CANalyzer (preferred).
• Experience using Matlab/Simulink preferred).
• Experience in circuit board design, layout, packaging, routing and test (preferred).
• Experience using OrCAD (preferred).
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University required with 5 to 9 years of relevant experience, or 3 to 7 years of experience with a Master's degree.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Kevin Suk at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.