- 174433 - Senior IT Technician - FL
- $30 to $35.00 DOE
- 8 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior IT Technician for an opening in Sarasota, FL.
Provide support to IT management and staff on a variety of issues related to computer systems, PC and laptop hardware, Windows operating system and Microsoft Office, and video conferencing equipment. Identifies, troubleshoots, researches and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problems to ensure a timely resolution.
• Work with end users to provide instruction, technical advice, and general computer support.
• Log all work orders, progress and resolutions in the IT Helpdesk solution.
• Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve common software and hardware issues in a quick and efficient manner.
• Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level IT technical support to resolve incidents and requests.
• Actively coordinates with team members and other service support groups to effectively resolve incidents and requests.
• Manage, support and maintain Server based applications.
• Manage and maintain backup systems for Servers and desktop backups.
• Update procedural documentation and end user training material.
• Work with IT team to troubleshoot and support end users, computers, servers, and network.
• Install and terminate network cabling for moves, adds and changes.
• Institutes and maintains software and hardware maintenance contracts with vendors
for critical capital computing equipment.
• Recommends to management and allocates capital computing equipment to special projects and marketing activities as required.
• Projects for management future capital computing equipment needs.
• Generates purchase requisitions and associated justifications for computing
equipment as required.
• Maintains records relating to software licensing and hardware inventory.
• Maintains the security of classified and/or company proprietary information.
• Remains updated on company policies, practices and procedures and current developments within the professional field through outside training, memberships in professional organizations and self-development activities.
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with Client Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 and Bitlocker encryption, MDT imaging, troubleshooting (required)
• Knowledge of Windows including installation, imaging and troubleshooting (required)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Office 365, Outlook (required)
• Knowledge of computer, laptop and printer hardware repair/parts replacement
• Knowledge of Iphones and Androids
• Knowledge of network cabling installation and termination.
• Knowledge of audio visual and web conferencing equipment, Lifesize experience a plus
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory permissions, user account setup, troubleshooting and support
• Knowledge of VMWare Vcenter and virtualization a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access Database management a plus.
• Knowledge of VOIP phone system, Shoretel experience a plus.
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts and technologies (e.g. DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Microsoft networking concepts, etc.) is desired.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
Two years broad-range of experience in supporting PC hardware, peripherals such as printers and scanners, and common software applications.
Works in a normal office environment, but must have physical ability to crawl under desks to install equipment, lift and carry up to 50lbs, and climb ladders to route wiring. Work hours may require weekend and off-hours to accommodate the business needs.
Associate’s Degree in related field; or High school diploma and equivalent computer support training &/or experience
9/80, 1st Shift
Rochelle Anderson at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.