- 174570 - Sr FPGA Hardware/Software Engineer (2) - NJ - OM
- NJ-New Jersey
- Budd Lake
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. FPGA Hardware/Software Engineer for an opening in Budd Lake, NJ.
• Requirements analysis, cost and schedule estimates.
• Design, analysis, implementation, and test of FPGA-based functions such as digital signal processor support and hardware communications interfacing (glue logic (device read/write control and addressing), synchronous/asynchronous serial communications, error detection/correction, sensor sampling, digital up and down counting, A/D and D/A interfacing, and digital filtering).
• Upgrading and maintaining existing FPGA products.
• Working closely with hardware, software, and systems engineers.
• Following Client code development guidelines and documentation standards.
• Completion of project tasks within established cost, technical and schedule requirements, and compliance with the company’s Quality System Procedures.
• Flexible, results-oriented problem solving, requiring minimal supervision.
• 10+ years of experience designing and testing Field Programmable Gate Arrays, and systems integration, including working with hardware, software, and system developers. FPGA experience must include test bench design, verification, synthesis and FPGA place and route.
• Strong focus and desire to develop, test, and integrate FPGA firmware for embedded systems, while supporting System Design, Test, Documentation and Production efforts.
• Proven track record in the development of VHDL firmware for FPGAs used in embedded systems with Digital Signal Processor(s) and/or microprocessors.
• Experience with MicrosemiSOC/Actel FPGAs and the Libero design suite (a MUST, although experience with Xilinx or Intel/Altera FPGAs will be considered).
• Design verification experience using simulation and analysis tools such as Modelsim or ActiveHDL.
• Proficiency in documentation of firmware code and best practices in code constructions.
• Familiarity with modern software/firmware development and documentation standards, such as IEEE Std 12207/MIl-STD-498.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and high-energy environment.
• Sense of development ownership, responsibility and working commitment.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Daniel McGowan at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.