- 174573 - Product Engineer - MI -OM
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Engineer for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
The Product Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems of diesel engines, transmissions, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles. Projects range in scope from advanced research and development of future products to failure analysis and incremental improvements to existing products. The Product Engineer will be responsible for requirements development, concept design, analysis, detailed design, drawings, hardware procurement, supplier technical support, test planning and execution, and failure analysis.
• A minimum of 3 - 5 Years with B.S. or 1 – 3 Years with M.S. of recent relevant experience.
• Ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations.
• Ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations.
• Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
• Good written and verbal communications.
• Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
• Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
• MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering.
• Experience designing and developing mechanical and/or hydro-mechanical systems.
• Working knowledge of GD&T.
• Creo / Pro-E experience.
• Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience.
• Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience.
• Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Lucas Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.