- 174618 - Project Engineer - MI
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Engineer for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
- Leader for HMPT Transmission technical issues in support of the program and customer.
- Responsible for transmission and transmission sub system design, analysis, integration, and performance in the application.
- Lead interface for technical discussion between Client and Customers/Suppliers/Contractors.
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed engineering team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) to oversee work quality and ensure engineering contract deliverables are met.
- Completes monthly estimate to complete assessments for projects, and delivers data to program finance and program management.
- Supports program management for all technical aspects of a program that may include SOW, schedule, cost and risk.
- Approves engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Accountable for transmission system level requirements and derivation of design requirements from vehicle level.
- Technical lead for new transmission proposals.
- Manages engineering resources assigned to the HMPT STS program, giving direct assignments, and evaluating employee performance.
- Ensure Design Verification Test plans adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
- In depth product knowledge transmission design, transmission performance perameters, and vehicle performance.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; transmission parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios; and understanding of component stress and strain.
- Understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles, and how transmissions operation impacts the vehicle.
- Project management experience and ability to use MS Project to create schedules.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to coach and lead 8D investigations.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- GD&T knowledge, ability to read machining and assembly prints, and understanding of bill of materials and processes.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to track metrics and report status of engineering activities.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to write and review technical reports.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 10 years experience.
9/80, Day Shift
Lucas Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.