- 174642 - Machinist (3) - AZ
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 Machinist's for openings in Mesa, AZ.
Set up, operate, and adjust, all types of manual mills, jig bores and grinders by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, written and oral instructions. Prepare and make adjustments to make machines ready for operation. Make adjustments during machining cycles and install various types of cutting tools to obtain desired results. Sequence and layout work and perform any bench work necessary to finish parts to quality specifications. Design and build holding fixtures to secure product during the machining process. Set up machines and dimensionally check cutting tools and/or parts for conformance to
blueprints and specifications using measuring instruments, gauges and tools. Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales. Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative. Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required. Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision. Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision. Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
• Knowledgeable in machine shop processes, geometric dimensioning & tolerances, and
machining capabilities of different types of materials (e.g., cutting speed and feed rates for
material being machined).
• Knowledgeable of machine capabilities & limitations, identifying and resolving problems such as unusual sounds or vibrations in the machinery, changes in offset
values, and worn cutters/tool inserts.
• Knowledgeable and able to interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches and written
and verbal instructions.
• Knowledgeable and able to apply mathematics including practical math, algebra, geometry
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
• Knowledgeable in safe working practices, emergency procedures and possible dangerous situations.
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications (e.g., drawings, specifications and other online information systems).
• Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
• Able to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
• Able to work close tolerances +/- .0002 on hardened materials using jig bore, surface grinder, and hone.
• Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: Positions could be 1st or 2nd shift. Candidates should be able to work either shift.
Christian Martinez-Salceda at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.