- 174772 - Sensor Simulation Software Engineer - TX - C
- $40 to $75.00 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sensor Simulation Software Engineer for an opening in Arlington, TX.
This is a hands on software engineering position. The successful candidate will perform as a Sensor Simulation Software Engineer serving as a technical expert responsible for deriving software requirements, software design, implementation, integration, and test of real-time sensor solutions for a variety of aircraft platform simulations.
• Design, develop, implement, integrate, and test simulated solutions which represent real-world sensor systems which meet training requirements
• Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, cost effective and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
• Perform system-level integration and troubleshooting
• Provide weekly earned value, schedule, and technical status reports to leadership
• Strong math and/or physics background
• Knowledgeable with Linux Operating Systems, prefer 2 plus years of Linux experience
• Management of a software baselines, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Previous simulation or avionics experience required, training system simulation experience preferred
• Knowledgeable with MIL-STD 1553
• Simulation, operational flight program (OFP), or design and development experience on radars, sensor pods such as SNIPER or LITENING, electronic warfare (EW), and/or forward looking infrared (FLIR)
• Prefer 5 plus years of Real-Time development experience
• Prefer 5 plus years C/C++ professional experience
• Basic knowledge of FORTRAN and/or ADA is a plus
• Object oriented design and programming experience is a plus
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Daniel McGowan at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.