- 174857 - Director of Engineering
- Up to $90.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Director of Engineering for an opening in Mason, OH.
The Director of Engineering will manage an 80 person engineering design group. Responsibilities include the planning, development and management of engineering resources (people, design tools, processes, methods, external resources, and training) that support current products and development of new products. The Director of Engineering will also support business development and program management through technical briefings, and oversight of technical designs.
• Lead technical organization comprising 80 engineers and scientists
• Resource planning, development, and management (people, tools, processes, methods, external resources, training) and report to management on needs and provide justifications.
• Allocate and assign resources to technical tasks and manage the resources toward efficient utilization.
• Facilitate and ensure efficient, cross discipline communications within the department.
• Provide technical briefings to customers and internal management.
• Ensure engineering technical, schedule, and process compliance through monitoring projects within the engineering group to understand progress status, technical and programmatic issues.
• Process owner for the engineering related processes in the Process Asset Library, and also serve on the Enterprise Process Improvement team.
• Approve BOEs, proposals, ROMs, and CSRs.
• Participate in design reviews, gate reviews as needed.
• Manage Engineering departmental Overhead Budget
• Manage Production Support (Test Discrepancy Reports, Change Control Board)
• Ongoing production support and assisting with Technical issues from supply chain
• Maintain Product Roadmaps, including managed product upgrades and obsolescence issues
• Coach and mentor engineering personnel aspiring to develop professionally
• 10 years of relevant and progressively developing technology and management experience
• Clear, effective oral and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Proven experience managing and growing large technology and engineering teams
• Ability to direct and manage a Team of direct and indirect employees
• Demonstrated capabilities in technology people and process change management
• Must be credible with partner-stakeholders for strong team and results-oriented delivery
• Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity
• Experience working on projects related to military, electro-optical or other sensor systems
• Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for programs in concert with Contracts, GMs, Finance, and President
• Support the development and execution of the business area capture plan, as appropriate
• Responsible to identify the staffing needs for technology programs and work to get needed resources assigned
• Perform other duties as assigned by the VP
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
• Typical work related travel assignments range 1-3 days, requiring overnight, out-of-town stays
• Physical Demands – may require participation in field trials that would go beyond normal office environment demands
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.