- 174859 - Electrical Engineer III - CA
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- Up to $55.13 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer III for an opening in San Diego, CA.
* Work alongside other product development team members and with other cross-functional groups to develop electrical systems and identify/implement projects for design optimization of the company's laboratory products, including freezers, biological safety cabinets, shakers, incubators, and water systems. * Participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) teams to improve electrical systems to achieve top-rank quality and long term reliability while at the same time providing environmental-friendly product designs and meeting regulatory requirements. * Develop proper specifications for electrical system and subsystem/component performance. * Troubleshoot electrical systems including both analog and digital circuits. Work will include analog circuit design, digital circuit design, and software design and troubleshooting. This includes interface to electromechanical systems. * Develop and execute test plans to validate electrical system performance while utilizing design for reliability tools and performance sensitivity analysis. Consideration must be given to the applicable third party certifications, for example: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), European Mark (CE), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) etc. * Improve current electrical systems by use of Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly, and design electrical systems for ease of service and cost reduction. * Work closely with outside suppliers to identify opportunities for improvements to current designed products.
Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and components to correct existing problems and improve product quality and reliability. * Analyze electrical systems using simulation software to improve design and performance. Familiarity with C and C+ programming languages. * Familiar with commonly used PCB CAD design tools. Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office. * Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures. * Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values . * Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements. * Participate in Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects. * Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
* Two to five years' experience and/or training in electrical circuit design and product development. * Strong written and verbal communications skills * Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments * Ability to work in a cross functional team environment * Ability to work with issues on the factory floor with successful experience in a manufacturing environment preferred * Ability to travel as required, <10% of the time * Design for Six Sigma and Design for Reliability skills. * Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, work at a computer station and on manufacturing shop floor * Ability to frequently lift up to 20 lbs; occasionally lift 40 lbs Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Accredited Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's degree preferred
Tyler Harrell at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x342 or (800) 927-9318 x342
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.