- 174867 - Senior DevOps EngineeR - VA - OM
- Falls Church
- Up to $82.52 DOE
- 3 months, CTH
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified and experienced DevOps Engineer to provide software support. This position will include working within an agile development team to help implement and maintain smooth operation of systems. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for helping to implement and support tools across automated build, deployment, security scanning, testing, monitoring, and deployment. You'll need the ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a good understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems.
- Support tools in a continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud platform that supports the customer's mission
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development and deployment patterns for our software engineers
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Work with DevOps architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Develop and present training material to application teams, to help disseminate strategy and standard tool usage across a large organization.
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia.
Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
Location: Lorton (VA), Springfield (VA), Falls Church (VA).
Bachelor's Degree in STEM Discipline with 9 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree with 7 years of experience.
Experience with Docker and Containerization Platforms (Such as Kubernetes, DC/OS or OpenShift).
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
Software process automation with popular scripting languages.
Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language (Preferably Java).
Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming (Such as Selenium).
Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies.
Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment.
Application performance analysis and monitoring (Such as ELK or Splunk).
Configuration and Use of DevOps tools (Such as GitLab, Jenkins, etc.).
Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and scripting or development.
Research & investigative skills.
Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores.
Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service.
Experience with other DevOps tools like: Artifactory, SonarQube, Aqua.
Bachelor's Degree in STEM Discipline or Master's degree is required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Daniel McGowan at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.