- 174919 - Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - FL - C
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for an opening in Jupiter, FL.
-The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system (IS) and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
-The ISSO shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS and is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system.
-Responsibilities also include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness.
-In close coordination with the ISSM, the ISSO plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the System Security Plan (SSP), managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
a. Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package; b. Attend technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties; c. Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS; d. Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM; e. Conduct periodic reviews of ISs to ensure compliance with the security authorization package; f. Serve as member of the CCB, if designated by the ISSM; g. Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM prior to the change; h. Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization; i. Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly; j. Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals; k. Ensure audit records are collected and reviewed; and l. ISSO shall be adequately trained and possesses technical competence commensurate with the complexity of the ISs.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and/or Linux system administration (2+ years)
- Current DoD 8570 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CAP, GSLC, CASP CE, CISA, CISM, or CISSP)
- Familiarity with configuration control and change management (SCCM)
- Experience with networking concepts (switches, network security, TACLANE)
- Experience with security concepts (Data Loss Prevention, Active Directory, and Security Log Analysis)
- Active and continuous learner - either higher education or Continuing Professional Education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present reports to management; motivated to thoroughly investigate, analyze, and document system issues and resolutions
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and to complete assigned projects on time; provides consistent status updates to ensure IT security projects stay focused
- Consistent attention to detail - completes tasks per standard operating procedures; reports discovered anomalies and inconsistencies
- Persistent and creative problem solver - strong troubleshooting skills and determined to find solutions to technical problems; identifies root cause and presents possible solutions to management
- Strong work ethic and a proven professional - respectful, dependable, takes initiative and follows through, dedicated to excellence and getting the job done
- Operating System and networking certifications
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.)
- Direct experience with a Department of Defense (DoD) or Defense Industrial Base (DIB) company supporting critical information systems
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to:
- Report to work on time
- Perform job duties for a specific duration of time or within a given period of time
- Follow directions based on government requirements and company policies
- Interact well with co-workers and customers
- Accept constructive criticism
- Maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Maintain current status on projects
- Stay current on training requirements
- Solve issues and incidents in the field and be willing to work after hours as needed to complete an urgent and important task
- Effective service depends upon the contractors performing duties to the best of their abilities; frequent absences will disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company's mission.
Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Cyber Security, but candidate with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Max Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.