- 175120 - Export Coordinator - NY
- NY-New York
- Grand Island
- Up to $14.03 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Export Coordinator for an opening in Grand Island, NY.
This will involves comprehensive execution of all international shipping duties for the company, and requires solid familiarity with international shipping and document preparation. Responsibilities involve significant completion of paperwork, including: verification and confirmation of parts match with pick lists, preparation of packing lists, commercial invoices, master bills of lading and other export compliance documentation. You will communicate with customers about documentation needed and work with them to resolve issues. Invoicing and record keeping will also be among your duties. As operations and records are increasingly computerized, you will also need strong computer and data entry skills. Incumbent will use computer databases Oracle – E1 to create documents, excel spreadsheets, and for file management. Updates and maintains Oracle - E1 system. Track shipments and prepare export documentation. Interact with vendors, custom brokers, airlines, SS lines and freight forwarders. Works within a team-based environment while exercising independent judgment and discretion as needed with minimal supervision. Primary duty of this position is to ensure highest level of quality order fulfillment through order receipt to product delivery of Client products.
* Two or more years shipping experience, including knowledge of export compliance regulations.
* Experience using computer databases or MRP/ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
* Experience with high email volumes.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
* Attention to detail is important to ensure quality of shipments and completion of appropriate shipping documentation.
* Physical ability to perform tasks related to packaging and moving materials to prepare for shipment.
• Interpersonal skills for dealing with customers & suppliers.
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• High level skill in Outlook and Excel.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in self-regulated team environment.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
• Knowledge of import/export business processes.
• Requires a minimum of four (4) years related experience.
• Logistics background a plus
• Attention to detail, organization and accuracy are important
• Good customer service and negotiation skills will be helpful.
• Detailed knowledge of our three main sales channels
• Oracle Knowledge
• International cultural awareness
• Biotech Industry experience
• Knowledge of Biotech product transport and storage modes.
• cGMP experience
• Haz-mat / Dangerous Goods Certification
Works in a warehouse environment and may operate under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F), up to ten hours per day. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50 lbs., as well as work in a standing position for extended periods of time. May handle “packaged” hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be agreeable to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change). Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical and emotional demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Tyler Harrell at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x342 or (800) 927-9318 x342
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.