- 175471 - Machinist I (5) - OK
- Broken Arrow
- $20 to $22.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist I (5) for an opening in Broken Arrow, OK.
• Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
• Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup;
• Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments;
• Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
• Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled
• Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
• Experience setting up and operating at least one of the following: manual mill, manual lathe, CNC milling center
• Manual and CNC machining experience - setting up and operate machine tools, lathes, milling machines
• Experience reading/interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications.
• Experience with standard shop math relating to dimensions of work
• Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to work overtime
• Sheet metal and fabrication experience is a plus
• Vocational education a plus
• 5S and Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 2nd shift. Hours will be 3:45pm to 1:30am for a 9hr day and 3:45pm to 12:30am for the 8hr day
Christophor Long at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.