- 175714 - Design and Analysis Engineer 3 (5) - OK
- Oklahoma City
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 5 Design and Analysis Engineer 3's located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Task assignments:
- Research and review requirements (IDGs/Engine) and investigate required changes to the engine gearbox
- Work with a supplier to select new IDGs that fit the new engine capabilities
- Identify all Power Control equipment (Synchronize Bus, GCU, GCB, BTB, ELCU, etc... ) associated with the new IDG capacity/rating
- Assess impacts to wires, and subsystem power feeders
- Evaluate new equipment (IDG, control system, etc.) to meet FAA certification and MIL-STD-704 power quality requirements
- Develop Power design reports and system design budget
Must have experience in Aircraft Electrical Power design and development (engine gear box, generator, constant speed drive, power control units, synchronize bus, etc…)
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.