- 175970 - Quality Inspector - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Torrance, CA.
• Inspect and approve designed or shop-practice tooling, determine its applicability and conformance with standards, and document inspection results.
• Verify a variety of fabrication processes, including the progressive machining, layout, and assembly operations of complex machined parts and assemblies. To do so, you’ll simulate machine and assembly set-ups to verify dimensional accuracy and conformance of parts and assemblies to engineering requirements.
• Work will be carried out in production areas as well as in a receiving environment.
• You will need at least five years of relevant precision inspection experience, with the demonstrated ability to utilize a wide range of precision measuring equipment used to accurately evaluate complex tooling, fabricated parts, and assemblies, such as surface plate rotary tables, sine bars, dividing heads, coordinate measuring machines, and other measuring equipment.
• Must be able to perform surface plate setup, and know how to properly utilize manual gaging tools.
• The ability to understand engineering drawings and specifications, validate purchase order and engineering requirements, and follow manufacturing and inspection instructions is needed.
• GD&T Proficient per ANSI Y14.5, CMM (QC5000 software preferred), Adept in programing of CMM's, Optical Comparator, and VMM applications is needed.
• Requires a general understanding of metallurgy, with the ability to understand chemical and physical compositions of materials.
• Initiates First Article Inspection (FAI) forms. Performs inspection and assists engineering when correcting deficiencies and preparing inspection aids, and standards.
• Utilizes and completes required forms. Prepares and completes customer delivered end item FAI report, including the review of supplier and subassembly FAI reports.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary to convey the results of your inspections to end users.
• Previous experience working in a clean room environment is preferred.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Melody Mullins at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.