- 176075 - Reliability Test Engineer - MI - O/M
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Reliability Test Engineer for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
Position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering and Material Science. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accelerated test design and analysis for engine and transmission systems and sub componets.
- Responsible to implement statistical product validation testing methods at Client.
- Responsible for writing risk assessment reports (based on field or final test failures), FMEACA reports, and FMEA’s.
- Responsible to improve and document the Client Reliability Engineering Process with processes, document templates, or standards.
- Author for engineering technical reports for submission to the customer (such as risk assessment, validation reports, etc.).
- Responsible to participate in new engine and transmission proposals.
- Responsible to provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
- Ability to use published data or experimental results to determine failure mode acceleration factors, to design accelerated component and system validation tests, and ability to correlate tests to equivalent vehicle field usage.
- Ability with statistical product validation methods, creating Weibull plots, interpreting Weibull plots, and using test results to determine product reliability at a % confidence at an equivalent field mileage.
- Able to run Minitab or other reliability software like ReliaSoft Weibull ++.
- Ability to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and experience with root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA).
- Ability to complete Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) reports and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Ability to write risk assessment reports to quantify product reliability risks in the field based on field failures, final test failures, or component non-conformances.
- Understanding of failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Basic engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; powertrain parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to write and review technical reports.
- Master’s degree in Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical degree from an accredited university.
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certification.
- Knowledge of transmission, engine, and vehicle performance and understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles.
- Experience with Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) software or equivalent.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo).
- Experience in developing products for the defense industry.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 3 years engineering experience or 0-2 years of experience with a Master’s.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Brenda Ordaz at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.