- 176146 - Planner/ Scheduler - CA
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- Up to $28.85 DOE
- 1 year
Interprets work specifications and drawings, formulates and develops resource loaded schedules, time-oriented work package networks and manpower management information utilzing Microsoft Project. Participates in Scheduling and Planning nfor upcoming and current projects.
1. Maintains open communication with Estimating Supervisor, Estimators, Contract Administrators, Program Managers, Production Supervisors and customer representatives.
2. Reviews and interprets work specifications for development of detailed plans and schedules.
3. Resources schedules using estimating and production trade information.
4. Provides direct support to Contracts Manager in developing schedules and manpower reporting requirements.
5. Develops Schedules/Gantt Charts for bids and proposals.
6. Daily interaction with Contract Administrators, Program Managers, Ship Superintendents, Department Supervisors and trade technicians to develop plans, schedules, and reports.
7. Ensures compliance with NAVSEA Standard Item 009-60 as amplified by CMSD procedures.
8. Other duties as directed by Planning Supervisor or Contracts Manager.
1. Knowledge of Navy ship operations, maintenance and repair.
2. Ability to communicate with Contract Administrators, Program Managers, Ship Superintendents, trade supervisors and technicians, Contracts / Estimating Personnel, and customer representatives.
3. Above average written and oral communication skills.
5. Excellent people skills.
6. Manage multiple tasks.
7. Effective writing and editing skills.
8. PC data management and word processing, and presentation programs. Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency in the application of Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project. Prior experience with MS Project is a requirement for consideration.
9. Self-motivated with good work ethic.
10. U.S. Navy ship repair, maintenance and operations experience.
11. Ship repair planning and scheduling experience.
12. Personal computer literacy, word processing, data management and graphics skills.
Silmese Graves at email@example.com
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.