- 176151 - Buyer/Planner - MN
- Up to $70000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer/Planner for an opening in Burnsville, MN.
Plan, coordinate, schedule the purchasing, production, and inventory control of material required for manufacturing or sale. Responsible for executing product/processing outsourcing projects and other tactical activities as assigned. Act as company’s key interface with individual suppliers and production floor in support of day-to-day operations. Manages the relationship with the assigned suppliers to achieve the company’s business objectives.
• Utilizes ERP to ensure material availability in support of the production schedule
• Develop ERP system utilization for improved efficiency and accuracy
• Initiates, obtains approval and places initial purchase orders.
• Expedites/Defers to ensure product availability per the inventory plan
• Sets and maintains purchasing and planning ERP order parameters.
• Manages relationships with assigned suppliers to optimize processes, supporting quality & delivery improvement, organizing key supplier meetings, supplier performance. Evaluates past performance record regarding price, capacity, quality, and delivery of known sources against purchasing requirements.
• Manages supplier surveys and qualification.
• Prepares requests for proposals, solicit quotations, evaluate bids, negotiate price, and negotiates terms with suppliers in support of company objectives. Selects suppliers based on total cost of ownership including quality and delivery performance.
• Assists in supplier management including risk management, commodity strategy, inventory management, problem resolution, claims management, charge-back management. Manage supplier changes.
• Executes strategies and tactics to achieve best total cost
• Pricing, Logistics, Inventory (product lifecycle management, revisions, E&O cost)
• Represents logistics department in manufacturing, engineering, accounting, and management regarding programs, procedures, and projects
• Performs other tactical duties as required to optimize material flow such as processing engineering changes, maintaining data integrity in the ERP system, etc.
• Plans and executes storage requirements
• Lead logistics activities – Supplier selection and execution
• Manages inventory control processes
Minimum of 5 years of related business or manufacturing experience of which at least 3 years is Purchasing, Planning and/or Inventory Control experience.
• Knowledge of Inventory Planning, and Purchasing practices and supplier management.
• Understanding of Logistics processes
• Strong understanding of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
• Ability identify improvement opportunities and implement
• Experience with trade compliance laws regulations and operations
• Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to interact with all functional areas and all organizational levels
• Able to represent the company to suppliers at all levels of management
• Able to manage internal and external supplier relationships
• Familiarity with engineering drawings
• Keen understanding of a manufacturing environment
• Collaboration, strategic planning and change management skills in a cross functional business team environment
• Must be able to analyze problems and develop improvement plans
• Working conditions: Requires some travel, including international travel
• Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proficient knowledge of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field of study
Saturday Ending, Day Shift
Rochelle Anderson at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.