157770, Facilities Maintenance Technician - CA - OM -
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician - CA - OM
Region: CA-Southern California - San Diego
City: San Diego
Rate: $18 to $22.00 DOE
Duration: 6 Months
Responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, and improvements to the facility and its associated equipment.
1. Install electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, outlets, fixtures and motors.
2. Thread, solder, glue and assemble piping systems and other plumbing tasks as required.
3. Carpentry remodeling to include framing walls, installing drywall, mud/tape drywall and painting.
4. Testing, troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems.
5. Cement work to include forming, mixing, pouring and finishing of concrete.
6. Troubleshoot and repair industrial machinery (i.e. lathes, drills, shears, brakes and benders).
7. Troubleshoot and repair facilities equipment (i.e. boilers, air compressors and pumps).
8. Perform preventive maintenance on facilities equipment.
9. Perform daily inspections on various facility systems and equipment.
10. Accomplish water chemistry testing of boiler.
Hours given as: 8:00am to 5:00pm (may actually be earlier at this location). Location: San Diego CA 92113.
1. Minimum 4 years’ experience industrial or commercial electrical experience including:
• 480 volt systems
• Electrical troubleshooting
• Conduit bending
• NEC knowledge.
2. Certified General Electrician (preferred)
3. Experience in at least one other building maintenance trade such as: machinery repair, HVAC, plumbing, or carpentry.
4. Requires good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Must be capable of performing many varying tasks during the course of the day.
6. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Give direction to employees from various departments assisting on facility projects.
8. Posses the ability to interpret electrical schematics.
9. Ability to oversee subordinate employees as required.
10. Only candidates local to San Diego, CA will be considered.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school or four years work experience in at least two separate building trades.
Professional Certifications: Certified General Electrician (preferred)
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Silmese Graves at email@example.com
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261