161406, Accounts Payable Clerk - CA -
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk - CA
Region: CA-Southern California - San Diego
City: San Diego
Rate: Up to $21.00 DOE
Duration: 3-6 months
Description: AP Clerk, Clerical Practices, Office procedures, General Accounting Procedures
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides clerical and accounting support necessary to pay the obligations of the Company. The Accounts Payable Lead exercises general direction of the position. Complies with all Health/Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Date stamps, sorts and distributes mail to the appropriate A/P personnel. Files invoices, purchase orders and packing slips received.
2. Assembles invoices with corresponding packing slip and purchase order for processing. Distributes copies of invoices requiring approval to responsible person for approval. Matches approval with appropriate invoice and purchase order and includes in batch for processing.
3. Processes matched packages by verifying received, ordered and invoiced material are the same. Verifies that invoice line item totals equal quantity received items unit price on purchase order. If discrepancies occur, follows specified procedure regarding tolerances. If invoice also requires approval, assures that proper approval is attached to invoice. Highlights data on invoice required for data entry. Assigns General Ledger Account Number (including department number) and Cost Element using job number and/or item description as a guideline. Assigns proper vendor identification if invoice has no purchase order associated with it. Verifies that invoice received is from same vendor as appears on purchase order. Assumes responsibility for processing invoices in timely manner so potential discounts can be earned and invoice is paid within terms stated on purchase order or invoice. This includes follow-up with other departments as required to assure proper documentation is received.
4. Enters vouchers into computer system assuring quantities and values are correctly entered and that vouchers are assigned to the proper vendor and against the corresponding purchase order.
5. After Accounts Payable Lead prints checks, prepares check packages by matching appropriate invoice voucher packages with check copy and assembles checks for signature. When checks are signed, distributes checks to vendors and files remainder of package in proper sequence in A/P paid files.
6. Assumes responsibility for reconciling vendor statements and resolving any past due amounts shown. Maintains communication with vendors, written and verbal.
7. Communicate effectively with Purchasing and Receiving personnel to resolve problems.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum of one (1) year continuous Accounts Payable experience with responsibilities similar to those stated above.
The incumbent should be familiar with clerical practices, office procedures, general accounting procedures and automated equipment.
The ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy is also essential.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Silmese Graves at email@example.com
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261