161753, Material Planner -
Job Title: Material Planner
Region: CA-Southern California - San Diego
City: Rancho Bernardo
Duration: 6 month
Description: This position is responsible for planning, preparing, issuing and controlling production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Provides planning support to various tasks/projects including performance monitoring, materials analysis, reporting and expediting.
•Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Finance, Master Scheduling, QA) to collect data for preparation of reports.
•Provides management with clear, timely and accurate information with which to make decisions. Alerts management to deviations (or potential deviations) from established plans.
•Utilizes planning applications (SAP, MS Office, MS Project).
•Demonstrates use of SAP for in finding and interpreting data in Stock/Requirements List, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and other material inventory transactions to aid in the development and publishing of reports.
•Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of concepts and principals of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with materials delivery.
•Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
•Demonstrates ability to interpret drawing and Engineering BOM data to create Material Masters in SAP.
•Keeps management apprised of potential schedule or fiscal problems by tracking, reviewing and evaluating plans, schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies, inconsistencies or interface/support problems. Analyzes task/project cost and/or schedule variances and informs management.
•Provides manpower resource planning and allocation.
•Interprets engineering change orders (ECO), implements dispositions affecting stock, work in progress.
Typically requires a Bachelor degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and three or more year’s progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting, and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
• Must have a general understanding of planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to learn and apply basic planning tools and techniques; and knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
• Must maintain a well-balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements.
• Possess the ability to identify issues and interpret data.
• Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document, report and present
• Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Knowledge of computer operations, applications, word processing, and spreadsheets.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Barbara Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256